There is another piece of business that needed my attention from last week. Today, it seems that I’m finally tackling that pile of bills in the corner, going outside to cut the grass, getting to the bottom of what that smell is in the kitchen and folding up that pile of laundry that’s been hiding in the corner for the past few days…but, y’know…with more typing, less physical activity…so…nothing out of the ordinary.
Along with finding and acting on another subject to blog about, fellow blogger +Teagan Kearney nominated me for the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award, thereby validating my inactivity and complete apathy as to what that smell in the kitchen is. “Meh, I’ll let someone else figure it out.” In all seriousness, Teagan, thank you very much for your nomination. Fellow readers if you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend reading a couple of her posts. It’s like being invited ’round for a cuppa to indulge in some light conversation and gingerbread.
I consider it an honor to be nominated twice in as many months for two awards. A peer based and cultivated award rather gives me hope for humanity. The rules are thusly!
- Thank the person who nominated you:….hmmm…think I’ve done that already, but just to make it official, thank you very much, Teagan!
- Include a link to their blog:…think I got that covered too, but just in case… http://writingmynovelnoworkingtitleyet.blogspot.co.uk/
- Nominate 15 bloggers:…okay, I’ll see what I can do with that.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself: aw, jeez….all right…let me see here….
2. Once upon a time, in a previous life, I hit B♭ above high C…then, it all went downhill from there.
3. After giving it a lot of thought…I think I need a haircut….naaaaaaaahhhh!
4. I think having an expensive taste in alcohol has helped me not to become an alcoholic.
5. I’m one of those people that will judge you silently by your video collection (see also: library, Netflix queue, contents of your iPod, whether you use Comic Sans or not).
|via Mariantonietta Continenza|
6. I used to play guitar. Whether I was any good or not isn’t the point. The point is whenever I played her, I would slip into a trance and go off into my own world. I would find my own rhythm. I would find my own breath. I would find my own voice. I would find my place in the universe. I find no difference when I write.
7. I try something, I fail, I start over. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. These days, it’s starting my own business. Soon, it will involve getting published. Recently, it’s my biscuit-fu.
|Before: Freshly baked hockey pucks|
|After: Fluffy, buttery pillows of southern goodness, y’all!|
Right, now the fifteen…ish.
- +Kari Thoma (http://fictionalcatterflymusings.blogspot.com/)
- +JenniferMommyLifeAfterPhD (http://www.mommylifeafterphd.com/)
- +Elizabeth Hilderbrand (http://whispersofthefrabjousday.blogspot.com/)
- +Tanya Miranda (http://www.tanyamiranda.com/)
- +Victoria Addis (http://thecharminghermit.blogspot.com/)
- +Alana Harbison (http://writingmylife79.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-world-is-full-of-gonna-dos.html)
- +Mike Raven (http://thoggy.blogspot.com/)
- +Laura Beth Sexton (http://www.alittlebitoflaurablog.blogspot.com/)
- +Lisa Ancona-Roach (http://thejugglestruggle.net/)
- +Christine Campbell (http://cicampbellblog.wordpress.com/)
List is short, but that’s okay. It’s not the quantity, it’s the quality. *winkwink*